Building Strength through Principles
2. Philosophy –
Grafted into life
2. Philosophy – Grafted into life
1. Principles -
God, the Source
1. Principles - God, the Source
Why Biblical Principles?
A. Foundation of Biblical Principles
1. God is the Source
2. God’s Word which is right for all people, for all places, for all time.
3. 56% of teens feel that everything in life is negotiable.
B. Function of Biblical Principles
1. Principles provide freedom Psalm 119:45
2. Principles give life Psalm 119:93-94
3. Principles guide friendships Psalm 119:63
C. Frustration of Biblical Principles
1. Principles can be broken Psalm 119:87
2. Principles broken are sin Psalm 119:4; Dan 9:5; Jam
Not doing what I shouldn’t do vs. not doing what I should do. Both are broken principles, both are sin!
II. Biblical Philosophy - Grafted into Life Value
III. Biblical Purpose - Goal Vision
IV. Biblical Program - Game Plan Vehicle
1. Quiet Time - 1 Peter 2:2-3; Psalm 5:3; Matt
§ not to fulfill a requirement but to build a relationship
2. Scripture Memory - Psalm 119:11; Psalm 1:2;
§ not to fill the head but to fill the heart
3. Bible Study - 2 Timothy 2:15, ; 1 Timothy 4:6
§ not to build up knowledge primarily, but for obedience
4. Faithfulness to the local Church - Heb 13:17,
§ not to be seen of men, but to serve Christ
5. Christian Service - Matt ; Heb 10:24; 1 Peter 4:10
§ not to be praised of men, but to serve Christ
6. Accountability - James 5:16; Proverbs 27:5-6, 17; Gal 6:1
§ not to please self, but to please God
V. Biblical People - Godly People Victory
§ Godly People living Biblically principled lives
§ Spiritually strong People are the end result of a Biblical program that is engrafted into lives.